This is one of my breakfast go to’s – it’s fairly simple and has everything you need to start your day off strong. Oh, and it’s undeniably delectable.
Recipe makes two pancakes.
- 1/3 c. Oatmeal (my favourite is Snowqualmie Falls Oatmeal you can purchase here)
- 1/4 c. Liquid Egg Whites
- 1/2 of a banana (mashed)
- 1/2 c. of blueberries
- Strawberries/raspberries/mango (as desired)
- Dollop of Fage 0% Greek Yoghurt
- Honey (drizzle desired amount)
- 3 whole walnuts (chopped)
- In a bowl, combine the oatmeal and egg whites. Add in the mashed banana once the oats are saturated. Set aside to soak for a couple minutes.
- Whilst the oats mixture sits, get to heating up the blueberries! The quick and dirty way is just to microwave them (I start with one minute, then mash them a bit with a fork, and finish it off with another 30 seconds). If you’d like to do it the old fashion way, go ahead and heat it in a saucepan on low until they’re nice and juicy!
- In a non-stick pan (or I use a cast iron skillet), pour oats mixture into two pancake-like shapes. Once one side is browned, flip it over to brown the other side.
- Once the oatcakes are browned, place on a plate, pour heated blueberries over them, top with diced fruit and a dollop of greek yoghurt, sprinkle with chopped walnuts, and drizzle with honey.
* If you’re feeling extra decadent, you can add semi-sweet chocolate chips into the oatmeal mixture and forgo the blueberries (just topping with strawberries, raspberries, greek yoghurt and walnuts).